Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Just Some Fun Sewing


Do you remember this little number. I had made it for the county fair last year. It now fits her... sort of. It's a little big, but looks so stinkin' cute. Lately I have just been doing a few projects just for fun. It's amazing how stress relieving sewing can be. And then how stress inducing it can be when I see what kind of mischief Abram and Penny have gotten into while I was occupied. Oh well. It was worth it. I made a new long-sleeve T-shirt for myself as well as a large tea length skirt that I re-fashioned from a 80's maternity dress. I'll have to show it to you later though. Mostly I have been making some things for the kids. Both of them have just moved into the next size up and in desperate need of jeans. Since Mike's auto accident we have been on a loose spending freeze so I have forbidden myself from buying fabric. Lucky for the kids I have tons of scrap jeans.
You can't see it too well but I made those cute little jeans. They really turned out well. They are a little long in the leg, but the waist fits perfectly around her chubby belly. I also made that top this week too.
Here is a close up of the top. Mostly I just wanted to add this pic for the pout. How could you resist that face?
This is a top I had made earlier, just before Christmas. I thought the fabric was so stinkin' cute. I just had to show it off.

Here is a shot of another pair a jeans I made. These things... can you say "winging it"? They were my first ever attempts at making flannel lined jeans and I had cut them wrong a few too many times. I also ran out of elastic for the waist so she got a drawstring. They ironically fit really well, but they look just silly. At least they're warm. I made another pair of regular jeans for Abe, but really need to make more. He went from having a dozen or so to having just one pair.
I also made a couple of "ice-cream" dresses that I copied from an Oliver+S dress. I was totally making it up as I went along so both of them are way too big for Penny now but they will probably fit her in a few months though.
You can't see it, but on this one I stitched a little bird on the front center The dress will be super cute when I finally fits her.
I just realized I haven't put in a pic of Abe yet. Here he is. His cheeks have been red like that for a while now. I don't know if it is the cold or what; I think it looks cute though. I'm planning on doing a screen-free week when we get back from Idaho. I get the feeling we will be spending a lot of our time out of doors. Actually I wanted to try making that "rainbow rice." If anyone knows were I can get a ton of rice for really cheap, let me know. Or if you have any other really good ideas, feel free to share too.

No comments:

Post a Comment