Monday, December 31, 2012

The Holidays

Yes. The holidays are nearly over. Thank goodness. Both my body and mind are ready to call it a day. I figured since the holidays are nearly over I might post a few pics. to commemorate the good times we had.
I will have to apologize for the devil eyes. I am just too lazy to fix them this morning. So Mike and I decided to keep the tradition of letting the kids open one present on Christmas Eve. We keep it limited bed time gear. 
This year I made the kids pajamas. I don't think Penny really understood what all was going on. Poor girl was pretty tired.

 So, obviously the kids cloths are way to big. I am thinking the pattern I used must have been mislabeled (either that or I did a really crappy job cutting them out). The great thing (or the sad thing) about kids is they grow very quickly. So maybe by next Christmas they will fit perfectly.
Here is Abram and Penny Christmas morning. Those fruit snacks Abram is getting into are actually Penny's. It was kind of funny. Abram had so much fun tearing open wrapping paper that he just went to town on all the presents, whether they belonged to him or not.
Abram decided Dumbo needed to help him with the presents too.

We celebrated Penny and Mike's birthdays too. I am actually a good baker, but not when it comes to cake. I am horrible. I made the mistake of trying something new for Penny's birthday and it failed epically. My sister-in-law, who is amazing with cakes, thought it was because I used a denser cake for the balls and a regular cake mix for the rest. So in the future I will know better. In the mean time this cake looks really pretty sad next to the nice DQ ice-cream cake Mike got.
At least it tasted good. Or, that's what Penny thought.


There is a better shot of the cake. You can kind of see what I was trying to do. I wanted the inside to have colored dots like her outfit. It would have been cool if I had been a little more thoughtful. Oh-well.
Her out-fit was really cute. A pom-pom tutu, onesie, and crocheted crown.
Here is a side shot. I really need to get a better digital camera.
Well, we had a wonderful Christmas and had a great time celebrating Penny's and Mike's birthdays. Later that week we had a basketball get-together and some more Christmas parties. Now I am gearing up for a New Years Eve party at our house. I have truly love visiting with family and celebrating the holidays, but I surely ready to call it a day and take a break. I hope you all have had fun this year too and I wish you all a very happy New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment