Monday, January 21, 2013

An Awesome Weekend

So we went up to Idaho this weekend to see my sister-in-law Jenny and her husband Ben. It was a really fun visit. We went out to Boise on Saturday. The original idea was to go to the aquarium, but by a total fluke it was closed. Apparently they were having power troubles that day. So we went to Cabellas sporting goods store instead. Honestly that store should be considered a mini zoo/museum. They had this aquarium with fresh water fish in it. Huge fresh water fish. Anyway, Penny was so fascinated by the fish she couldn't peel her eyes away. They even got to watch the fish feed, which was a bit morbid because they feed them live goldfish. It was really fun all the same. Afterwards we went to a fun center (arcade, go karts, laser tag, etc.). They had this really big play place thing there that Abram played in for hours. Even Penny Lu had the courage to climb up to the top.
You can't see it very well, but that little peach dot at the top of the slope is Penny's head. She got really high up there. I was pretty impressed. That brave girl.
I only managed to get Abram to slow down for one pic and then he was off again. I don't know how all the adults felt about going to this place but I know the kiddies loved it. Before Mike and I went back to Jenny and Ben's house we swung over to Eagle so see my old stomping grounds. I know it has been about eight years since I lived there, but It still surprised me how much had changed. It was really nice to see some of the old sites like the elementary schools and the old subdivision though. All in all, it was a really nice week end. I am so glade Jenny and Ben had us over. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment