Monday, January 28, 2013

Alphabet Soup

First off, Big News. Penny walked. Yep, I looked up and there she was taking tiny precarious steps from the play table to the crib. It was only 4-5 steps, but it was awesome. I sadly didn't have a camera on hand and the time, and she hasn't been willing to repeat the adventure so I have no proof. In fact Mike claims that because he couldn't see it, it didn't happen. I can't get too irritated at him though. I said the same thing for the longest time about her saying "Daddy". I will be hounding her with the camera tomorrow though, just in case she decides to perform.

So today I was in pretty good mood, and decided to do something fun for the kids bath time. I didn't really want to do the same old bubble bath, so I hopped on over to Pintrest for some ideas. I saw a lot of painting or coloring in the tub. I thought about it, but then chickened out for fear permanently coloring my tub. I did see an idea of putting foam cut-outs on the walls of the shower walls. I didn't have cut outs like they had, but I did have alphabet letters from those puzzle piece floor mats.
They really had fun sticking those letters on the wall. Abram was so cute. He would hold up a letter say which letter it was, which color it was, then place it on the wall very ceremoniously. Penny would just throw them on the wall half-hazardously. Some of her letters over lapped each other (behold the amazing sticking power of water on foam).
I was pretty impressed with myself for finding an activity that a 2 year-old and 1 year-old could both do and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment